Saturday, May 13, 2006

THE TEDDY 10


I woke up this morning to the chill of it being 36 outside, and I didn't want to get out of bed. But I had to, the reason being is it was the Day for the Teddy 10.

What: Teddy 10 (10 laps)
Where: Theo wirth Trails
When: 9 am sharp
Why: This event will be the first in a 3-part series.
"THE MINNEAPOLIS GLUTTONS of DIRT" Series
One must Complete 2 of the 3 events to get a Limited edition "Gluttons of Dirt"patch

I left the house around 8:15 to ride over to the trails. It is only 7.5 miles to the trail head, but I was on my 1X1 and still trying to wake up. My body was feeling tired (probably from this) , and I wasn't even sure if this non-sanctioned, non-event was still going to happen due to the weather (wet and cold). I eventually made it to the trail head and met up with "Kid" and Chefdog. We were the only riders to show. Well we had 3, that's all we need. We started riding together then we slowly split up. The trail conditions were pretty slick, not to the point to where we were destroying the trails, but to the point at which you had to Moto the corners, and ride with caution. I hit the play button on the Ipod at about lap 4. Motorhead was first to start playing, I thought to myself "this is Knarly, I could go all day with good tunes"........The Ipod died in the middle of Lap 5.
Anyway all 3 of us did it in a decent time, altogether it was about 23 miles. It doesn't sound like much but when it is wet and cold, and muddy, it can take a lot out of a Luby.
I am proud to say that I rode to and from the non-event.
All in all, for a crappy day, I was able to do some great riding, with good company for part of it.

This is what my bike looked like when I got home:


No comments: