Saturday, February 03, 2007

Welding!!!!!!!!!!

I have tig welded steel in the Past when I went to frame building skool a few years ago. Big Country Fired up the welder at mav HQ, and let me weld a little. Yeah I need more Practice, but after getting the OK to use the welder, I found out it was out of argon.......Damn this sucks.....

Big Country said that he has a welder in his Garage, and we can use that. So We cut a couple of small pieces of Aluminium and headed out. I welded Aluminium for the first time. It was amazing at how much cleaner it is to weld than steel. Then we broke out the Mig Welder, that was cool, but I think I might Concentrate on Tigging. Anyway the Following photo makes a good Sat. Night.

1 comment:

bicyclebound said...

Hey Luby, you are my inspiration for my first frame. Lugged might not be as high tech but just as elegant.

Cheers
Pete